Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Nero Showtime vs. InterVideo WinDVD

I watch a lot of DVDs from all over the world so I like to think that I can pretend to know what I'm talking about when it comes to DVD playback software. When it comes to the true DVD experience there are few all-purpose media players such as WMP, VCL, or Core Media Player that delivers as fully as the specialized Nero Showtime and InterVideo WinDVD. In a side by side comparision I found that the InterVideo WinDVD is slightly better than Nero Showtime simply for its' durable playback. Testing both DVD software with DVDs of several reigons and distributions I found the InterVideo product to play more discs more of the time. After playback begins, however, Nero Showtime is significantly better than InterVideo for its' ease of use and full functionality such as each chapter skip, subtitles, and screen captures.

No comments: