Monday, November 07, 2005

Yami no Yoru ni

Yesterday night I experienced my first blackout in what must have been 6-8 years and I'm still not sure if the power is up yet. It's really interesting to note the human behaviors that occur during an unusual situation such as a blackout. As a tech junkie the first thing I did was check that my laptop battery was fully functional and that the power adapter hadn't short circuited. Only after that did I think to find a light source. After a while without much light it's surprising how the glow of LCD and LEDs can be comforting and that even the smallest glow from an iPod can make the night flow a little better. I ended up draining some of my laptop battery to test the data integrity of a DVD I decided to play in the darkness which turned out fine. What a night.

No comments: